A place for me to share my experiences as a Groomer - both good and bad. I will also give advice to anyone who needs help with dogs and cats with grooming questions.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Haven't updated in a while, huh? (a non-grooming post)

I feel like such a schmuck for not updating this sooner. But honestly, I have had so much going on that I couldn't keep up with the site.

Firstly, I found a Grooming job that was closer to home - as you know, I was working in Aventura, and I live in Fort Lauderdale. It's about a twenty-mile commute in VERY heavy rush-hour traffic. So I found a job less than a mile away. No joke.

Unfortunately, about six months later, Florida was hit very heavy by the economic crisis and I had to be let go. I was an independant contractor, so I didn't go for unemployment. But then something happened. Before I could find another job, I found out I was pregnant. Since my husband makes good enough money that we could get by with him being the only one working, I stayed home, getting bigger.

Of course, I wasn't alone. There was Toby, my Maine Coon. Bagheera, my old friend. And our newest addition: DC, the little Tuxedo. While I was working near my home, my husband found a tiny black-and-white kitten, about three weeks old, in the street. Momma was nowhere to be found, and since our street is dark and can get quite a bit of traffic, he brought him in. Boy, we had no idea what we were in store for. Needless to say, DC stands for "Damn Cat". Then, you all should know my dog, Georgie, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

Well. It was a very long nine months, but on June 10th, Andrew William Johnson was born, despite the fact that he was supposed to be Charlotte June. I'm not kidding - the ultrasound tech had told us it was a girl, and this was when I was 8 months. So... SURPRISE! Needless to say, we were thrilled, since we had wanted a boy. I'm actually writing this as he sleeps, so I can't keep this up - he'll be waking soon.

Anyhow, all this time, I've still been writing, just not here. You see, I'm a writer at heart and since one of my hobbies is collecting manga (Japanese comics, for those that don't know), I've become a fanfiction writer. That basically means writing stories based on a fandom. It could be for anything - Grey's Anatomy, Survivor, Spongebob Squarepants... If you're a fan, you can write a story for it. So, I write fanfiction. I'm also writing a biography for myself, and I'm working on a sci-fi novel.

So, now that I'm still at home, writing, I thought, "Maybe I should get back to the diaries." But, if I'm not grooming, then what to write about? Here's my suggestion:

I'll be writing tips on grooming. Whether it's breed-specific how-to, or general knowledge, I'll post. Also, if anyone has a question, I'll adress it. So don't be shy! Ask away! I'll start in a few days, once I've decided on a good topic. And I'll probably post every few days.

So, I hope to see both your comments and questions! Until then...

PitaBread

1 comment:

Emma's Kat said...

Hey, what'dya know! I pop in here, seeing Groomer Diaries on my fave list and a recent post I found! Lol, as i've told some other bloggers, I'm gonna try and get around more often...the blogosphere that is! U dirty birdy, lmao! Okay, I'm in a silly mood...bored to be honest. So, I'm off to start reading Odd Hours! Ttyl! Give all the fuzzies a squeeze from their auntie Kat! Oh, and for the non-fuzz kiddo too!