A place for me to share my experiences as a Groomer - both good and bad. I will also give advice to anyone who needs help with dogs and cats with grooming questions.

Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome!

Well, I don't know who's reading this, but if you are, I thank you for taking the time to do so! Let me tell you a little about myself.

My name is Rita; I have two cats: Bagheera, a female domestic shorthair, and Toby, a male Maine Coon. They're both about five years old. I say about because they're both rescues. Gheeri (Bagheera, for short) was rescued from our local Humane Society, and Toby was a Breeder-gone-wrong subject. He used to be a showcat/stud, but his breeder had so many cats, people had to help her find homes; we were happy to give him one. :o)

I also have a dog - a Cavalier King Charles named Georgie. He's about to be 8 months old. He's a great little dog, and loves the cats (although Gheeri can't stand him!). He's coming along quite well when it comes to training; I've also been working with him "on the table" (grooming table, that is) since I got him.

I'm married to a car enthusiast - luckily he loves animals, too. We've been married for about 7 months now, but have been together for over 6 years. We live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. If you don't know, it's close to Miami.

And, for the most important part, my work: I have a great job. I work as the Groomer at Sky Lake Animal Hospital in Miami. I have the best boss, the greatest co-workers, and some awesome clients (as well as some naughty ones, lol). I'll be putting up the link to our website soon. I've been grooming for a total of 4 years, off and on. Mostly at PetsMart. This is my first time grooming at an Animal Hospital.

Mainly, I'm here to share my stories - sometimes I have a hard time with my job, whether it's because of the condition of the animal, or getting attached and finding out the animal was euthanized, or sometimes the animal is just MEAN. But mostly, I'd like to share the good stories, some before/after pictures, and even advice. That's right - if you would like a question answered that has to do with grooming, let me know! I advise new puppy owners almost every day on how to treat the skin/coat and how to train their puppy so it's not a royal pain in my ass when they finally get it groomed, LOL. You can also email me, if you would rather not ask your question in the blog.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this, and I hope to see you all in the blogs of The Groomer Diaries!

7 comments:

Emma's Kat said...

GS - I'll just answer your email here, lol! I love this! Can't wait to hear some of the stories and things you've witnessed as a groomer. And I'm sure I'll have some questions as well. Good to see you back around Blogger. And I LOVE Gheeri's lolcat pix (lmao)and Georgie's too! Too funny! I'm going to link to you from KCotD and if it's okay, I'll report you to the Cat Blogosphere news blog.

Leslie said...

Hi from Australia!

Kaz's Cats said...

G'day

We're also in Australia! I love Gheeri as a LOLCAT too! Looking forward to reading more about you and your work.

Cheers

Karen (Mum to Gypsy & Tasha)

The Meezers or Billy said...

Hi!! We is happy to meet you!!! Come and visit us when you get a chance
meezertails.blogspot.com

Sammy and Miles

Milton said...

Welcome to the cat blogoshpere!

As a cat I do my own grooming, but I'm sure you'll have great stories about the dawgs.

Daisy said...

Nice to meet you! I live in Parkland. That's not too far away from you. I'm looking forward to reading your stories.

Mickey's Musings said...

Hi from Canada,I'm Mickey . I always like to meet new cats (and dogs)
Purrs Mickey