A place for me to share my experiences as a Groomer - both good and bad. I will also give advice to anyone who needs help with dogs and cats with grooming questions.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A slow day...




Today was a slow day. I only had two dogs, Cha Cha, an old Long Haired Chihuahua, and Buddy, a Shih Tzu mix. There really wasn't much to do with Cha Cha, so I'm only showing Buddy off.




Buddy is perhaps a Shih Tzu/Terrier cross. He has a 'brother' named Noodles, who I've done before as well - but Noodles lookes like a gigantic Wirehaired Dachshund. But that's another story...




Mrs. Gaer likes to keep both her dogs short, to minimize upkeep and shedding. Some might say that Buddy is cuter when he's fuzzy, but it's not my place to say. So, at Mrs. Gaer's request, I shaved Buddy. Now normally, with a cute face like his, I would give him what's called a "round" face, or "teddy bear" face. But again, she likes him like this. I cut his face as she instructed me to. The only hair she wanted him to have was "his ears, a little beard, and his tail - it's his best feature." LOL Whatever. Personally, I like when someone trusts me and says, "just do whatever you think. You know better than me how to make him cute!" And yes, I've had a few customers like that. They're always my favorite. :)


Anyways, this is what Buddy looks like now. If you're interested, I used Oster blades, #10 on his body, #7F on his head and to trim down his face.

8 comments:

Emma's Kat said...

Oh Gosh! Lol, poor Buddy! He was ever so adorable and like you said he would have been cute w/the teddy bear face cut, but...oh, Buddy. ;O He doesn't look like the same dog! We still love you Buddy! ;)

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Hee hee, he doesn't look remotely like the same dog. He was so cute fluffy, but he is much easier to care for this way. I love the teddy bear face cut, that would have softened his appearance a bit.
ML

PitaBread said...

Indeed. I like how easy this face is to maintain (do you have any idea how dirty Shih Tzu's get when they eat/drink?). but I would prefer a little more hair on his head, poor thing. Oh well...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.